Saltcritters - Doesn't care about you or the corals he chops up!
Wish I would have read the reviews online before doing an order. Ordered 10 corals at a price that was (apparently) too good to be true. Corals arrived in a home made box with very thinwall insulation, heat pack was smashed and wet with all attempts made at making the box smaller to conserve shipping costs. Box had holes in it as well.
Now to the corals... from the photos it was evident these were fresher cuts. But I hoped the corals would be frags from colonies that were allowed to heal and recover from import. Instead it was immediately apparent the seller had hacked up wild colonies with dead and dying sponges, in an effort to quickly flip the frags before losses happened on his dime.
Dipping the corals also revealed asterina stars and a possible zoa eating nudibranchs.
Unfortunately in this world it seems you get what you pay for and saltcritters.com does not have the time nor energy to provide quality corals for the price they charge. Some may find this a bargain, but most will find this business to be an expensive lesson in economics. Trying to appeal to the owner will only lead to frustration and promises of credit on future orders.
Best of luck to all the reef hobbyists out there, from my experience your money is best spent elsewhere.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Live Corals
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "We bought our Maltese puppy in January 2012 at PETLAND MONROEVILLE. We brought her home with kennel cough but that was not a problem with us. The next three years..."
- "My girlfriend and I wanted a micro Pomeranian, so after looking online at various breeders I contacted Itsy Puppy in late October. I somehow felt comfortable about them being..."
- "BACKGROUND: I'm currently working on a school project for AP Environmental Science about biodiversity. This is a project that involves different variables, showing our understanding of interdependence, and the study of..."
- "I been a recent victim of credit card fraud for the following charges on the following dates: GOLD CARD FRAUD 23005: APRIL 29TH, 2016: $20,000.00 CASE NUMBER: QA62458 APRIL 24TH,..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "I wish would have done research prior to having transplanted hair. I probably wouldn't have acted on desperation of wanting fuller hair. I not only lost more hair than i..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."