Saltcritters - Doesn't care about you or the corals he chops up!
Wish I would have read the reviews online before doing an order. Ordered 10 corals at a price that was (apparently) too good to be true. Corals arrived in a home made box with very thinwall insulation, heat pack was smashed and wet with all attempts made at making the box smaller to conserve shipping costs. Box had holes in it as well.
Now to the corals... from the photos it was evident these were fresher cuts. But I hoped the corals would be frags from colonies that were allowed to heal and recover from import. Instead it was immediately apparent the seller had hacked up wild colonies with dead and dying sponges, in an effort to quickly flip the frags before losses happened on his dime.
Dipping the corals also revealed asterina stars and a possible zoa eating nudibranchs.
Unfortunately in this world it seems you get what you pay for and saltcritters.com does not have the time nor energy to provide quality corals for the price they charge. Some may find this a bargain, but most will find this business to be an expensive lesson in economics. Trying to appeal to the owner will only lead to frustration and promises of credit on future orders.
Best of luck to all the reef hobbyists out there, from my experience your money is best spent elsewhere.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Live Corals
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I took my Shih-tzu to Petsmart, after 8 hours i picked him up and at the moment could not see anything, because all the scratches where under. He came..."
- "This is how my pup came home. This groomer was nice but obviously didn't know what she was doing. My dog had never snapped at anyone and she said he..."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24 hour hold on June 10, 2009. A few weeks later..."
- "Well well. My shaadi id is SH42277392 and Everyone needs to read what happened to me. Joined this *** website shaadi.com hoping to find a wife. Submitted a photo id..."
- "Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."